BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who's done the clutch delay valve delete:
Did you just remove the valve from the line(I read the line reassembles without the valve); remove, drill the valve yourself then replace; or remove valve then replace with the pre-machined ones you can get online?
Also, bleeding the clutch cylinder: is it SOP to do with this DIY; is it difficult? the procedure is bleeding from the clutch slave(I think) via pressurizing (and replenishing) the brake fluid reservoir right?
Any other nifty advice? Can I do this with just the front jacked up?

Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yep just remove it and bleed the clutch. Best 30 minutes ever spent

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey there, does anyone have a 2001 330ci? I've read from a few people that these cars don't have CDVs. Is this true? I'm having some problems with my clutch peddle having friction on the way up when I release it. It's not smooth and it's screwing up my shifts. Just wondering if it's related to a CDV. Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I know this is an older thread however I was thinking the same thing. I know how my old e36 felt with and without the CDV and my current 01 330ci feels like it has a cdv. Did an oil change the other day and went to remove it and it's not there. Now I'm wondering what is causing the lag/delay after a hard shift and even sometimes going into first gear where it just doesn't seem as smooth as it should be (maybe a slight buck or hesitation). I've been driving a stick for about 12-13 years now, it's not a lack of ability to drive or something like that. I'm looking towards what else it could possibly be? (Also I have a picture or two of where my CDV would have been maybe I'll try to post that as well)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts