E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help guys, I've recently noticed that while listening to certain tracks on my iPod (Aux input) the sound comes out of the speaker with what I can only describe as a karoake effect, with basically non-audible vocals and the instruments sounding perfect. I have the stock harmon kardon system and I know that it responds to poor reception conditions by repeatedly alternating between the stero and monophonic modes, but it doesnt help with eliminating the problem when it is turned off either. Is this something that Im just going to have to eventually tolerate?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The reception issue is unrelated. That's a function of the tuner. The "HK" button engages a bit of sonic trickery by playing around with the phase of the signal at certain frequencies. Unless your iPod also has some sort of a sonic gismo like that and they effects are compounding each other you shouldn't be having any issues like you describe.

I've got an Iriver which is similar to an iPod and it sounds great through the aux input.

Do those same songs sound OK through headphones plugged directly into the iPod?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.