BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me out? I want to know if the shark fin OEM Antena for E46 also support TV. I believe it did support GPS and Radio. Again thanks in advances..

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
A few weeks ago I was asking the same question. I just installed Nav-Tv and would've rather used the Sharkfin OEM than the bumper antenna, but hte responses I got were that it is not compatible with anything but the cell phone. I'm going with that and I pretty much forgot about it. It uses a different signal than TV and the connections are prolly different. For a Tv you want to get a powered diversity antenna to avoid static. A diversity antenna uses two antennas that it switches back and forth on to do away with static. It is also powered. NAV-TV has OEM amps that connect to your rear window radio ant, if you have a rear window integrated antenna, for Tv reception. Hope this helps. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I got a response..... Thanks man. That help now I know at the moment I should not put the fin on my mod list. :cry:

Phone and GPS only... damn! Wondering if the 7 series fin support the TV or not....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts