BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys...here is the deal....i purchased a set of Depo Headlights with CCFL Angel Eyes...I routed the power connection to the power wire of the turn sgnal lights....they worked for about a day....i check the today and they are dead...i noticed that one of the connections going from the angel eyes came loose and mustve hit the frame...I think it may have shorted the system...i already replaced the fuse and relay but it still doesnt work...can you guys give me some input on what i can look for next or if there is something i did wrong? thanks in advance...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Route the power wire to the power terminal at the top left of your engine bay. follow the directions on fastm.com. How did you route the rest of the other wires from the harness? Did you tap into the accessory wire in the ECU?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ran the postive to the positve terminal...the negative i grounded out on the frame...the wires that give the power to turn the angel eyes on i routed in with the turn signals...damn i didnt know about any accessory slot....but now i hook them up to a regular 12 v battery just to check if they work and they do not...i am guessing i blew something...not the relay or the fuse since i replaced those already....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts