E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey they say that the E36 M3 was "the best handling car in the word" and that it had an almost 50/50 Front/Rear suspension ratio. Would lowering it and putting different springs on it affect or disrupt this anyway? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
AfghanScarface said:
Hey they say that the E36 M3 was "the best handling car in the word" and that it had an almost 50/50 Front/Rear suspension ratio. Would lowering it and putting different springs on it affect or disrupt this anyway? Any help would be appreciated.
While I love my E36 M3, the claim of 'best handling car in the world' was dubious at best. There is a lot of room for improvement for the softly sprung US models that we got saddled with. That being said most rebutable spring companies spend a lot of R&D to be sure that their springs improve the handling and not upset the balance of the vehicle. I went H&R coilovers, and while they're pretty firm, the handling is fantastic, much improved from the OEM stuff.

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&url=/suspension/index.jsp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts