E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help with a non HK radio system want to install the subwoofer hifi system that are harman kardon they have the amp on the left speaker the amp part # is 651206920999 ai:01 is there a way to installed them i dont have the plug in the trunk for the amp or were can i get the plug or make it or find the wiring dirgram foir the amp or pin out

·
Registered
971 Posts
The HK bass unit is terrible in my opinion. Take a look at what BSW has to offer as far as aftermarket bass. Knowing what the stock HK bass unit is like, I definitely would not waste time retrofitting it into a non HK car. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I understand. The thing is that I installed harman kardon speakers all around that I got for free and I'm also getting 2 subs (not HK) and an amp that will go in the spare tire enclosure.
So I'm thinking to put on the HK subs ALSO since they go under the top of the trunk and dont really use space. And I'll be wiring another amp so I dont think that additional two subs will make the bass worse.
So i'm gessing I'll have to take off all the wiring for HK from the car where I got my HK speakers from? Or it can be used with other wires/plugs?

Another thing I want to ask: will the factory CD player work with all this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts