E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is supposed to be in DIY, but I'm stuck and I'm desparate for help.

I have a 99 328i. I tried to change my left rear window regulator. I already removed the trim. Then unscrewed the 2 screws behind it. I pulled out 2 tabs and unscrewed 2 screws under the armrest.

When I tried to remove the panel, I'm stuck at one point. It's right where the door handle attached to the top (where the button is). I tried to pull it, but it was so frickin tough. Should I keep pulling or should I do something else here?

Can anyone who has experience or Bentley manual help me??? I've been sitting in my garage in front of my laptop for 2 hours waiting for the answer from DIY forum :( :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C'mon guys, a little help here. How about anyone in SoCal? I'll go over to your place and buy you lunch or something?

·
Registered
333 Posts
is the panel kinda stuck on a cord that goes to that open latch/handle?
It's a white piece of plastic in a shape of a fork?
If it's what I think it is, try to wiggle the panel so it lets the cord go off it.

Here a couple of pix of how the door should look like after you take the panel off

O.K. bro hope it either helps or you've done it, cos it should be a nobraner

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't checked the latch that much. I don't think it's stuck there. It's actually stuck in the picture below. Is that a pin or a screw underneath? I don't see any openings to unscrew it, but yet it was so hard to take out. I'm afraid if I yank it too hard, I'll snap some cables. I'll check again in the morning where there's a better visibility. Thanks for replying!!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just in case anyone comes across this thread in the future... The mirror adjustment switch needs to be popped straight out with a small screwdriver and then there is a torx bolt directly behind the where the switch was.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just in case anyone comes across this thread in the future... The mirror adjustment switch needs to be popped straight out with a small screwdriver and then there is a torx bolt directly behind the where the switch was.
Thanks for reminding everyone but I am sure that was written in the DIY. Maybe that guy should have read it over again, lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.