BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INPA

when clicking e46 the box pops up select e46, chassi, trans, motor, and somthing else. Well under select e46 suppose to be functional test or somthing like that. Mine doesn’t show it so after some googling found to edit the program and now it shows the option. But when I click on functional test it shows these..... no e46

trying to follow the steps of find k-bus issue have the wire pulled off the bar now need to see what module isn’t responding.

this is what I see after selecting functional test

·
Registered
170 Posts
Functional Test is only available for CAS based platforms (roughly 2006 and up). E6x E9x E7x etc

You have to connect to each computer and check errors one by one. Alternatively you could use ISTA.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can use INPA but you have to test each computer individually.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
2,476 Posts
He's trying to get in the front door. I'm unfamiliar with ISTA, I use factory INPA.
If someone can get him inside past the door he'll be good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know how to acces info on the car but I’m being told can’t use INPA then I’m being told I can use INPA. Not asking someone to hold my hand but if I’m being told yes and no then what one is it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty sure I found it but had no response from any of them. Found out my battery is dead. Looks like I need to do a draw test too. Can hear somthing clicking in the car.

charging it up and will continue tommorow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So thought dead battery was my issue for getting this error but Apperently not. Any idea why I can’t communicate?

im choosing from this list

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Are you currently having k-bus problems? If you are them you will not be able to see any of the control modules that communicate over the k-bus. You will long be able to see the engine computer and cluster.

Or have you already gone through my k-bus troubleshooting instructions and isolated the wire that was causing the k-bus problems and are now to the point where you are trying to figure out where that wire goes.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you currently having k-bus problems? If you are them you will not be able to see any of the control modules that communicate over the k-bus. You will long be able to see the engine computer and cluster.

Or have you already gone through my k-bus troubleshooting instructions and isolated the wire that was causing the k-bus problems and are now to the point where you are trying to figure out where that wire goes.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Yes I have followed your troubleshooting and removed the troubled some wire. Been trying to find out what module it went to, so I can move on to test wire resistance or perhaps the module itself.

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,550 Posts
Are you able to connect to the DME with INPA?

Does the k+dcan cable you are using have pins 7 & 8 connected together internally? If cable does not have a switch, you may have to open the housing a check visually, or test for continuity between pins 7 & 8 with a multimeter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you able to connect to the DME with INPA?

Does the k+dcan cable you are using have pins 7 & 8 connected together internally? If cable does not have a switch, you may have to open the housing a check visually, or test for continuity between pins 7 & 8 with a multimeter.
pretty sure this is my issue I liked it over and didn’t see a switch, so looked through the clear plastic with a light and pins 7&8 aren’t connected. Got a new cable on the way and will continue when it gets here.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
2,476 Posts
Many choose to solder a jumper and/or with a toggle switch between the two pins.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts