E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2000 330ci with 18inch m3 rims on it. The tires rub the back wheel wells when I go over bumps/turn-take corners to hard. I had the fenders rolled in hopes that this would fix the problem... It is better but still rubs. I have 325 width in the front and 355 in the back, what can I do to stop the rubbing so I can enjoy my car? New springs? Shocks? Lower profile tires? The least expensive options would be preferred. Please tell me what you think would fix this problem

·
:D
7,334 Posts
Are they 4 fronts? M3 rear wheels do not fit non m cars. Or you'll have this problem...
Also You have 225 front and 255 rear. Not 325/355

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have a 2000 330ci with 18inch m3 rims on it. The tires rub the back wheel wells when I go over bumps/turn-take corners to hard. I had the fenders rolled in hopes that this would fix the problem... It is better but still rubs. I have 325 width in the front and 355 in the back, what can I do to stop the rubbing so I can enjoy my car? New springs? Shocks? Lower profile tires? The least expensive options would be preferred. Please tell me what you think would fix this problem
Do you mean 225 and 255? Get coilovers. If you don't don't want to get coilovers or do fender modification then trade your m3 rears for m3 fronts

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that they are 2 front and 2 back I know that the backs are wider so yeah I think that they arnt 4 fronts, and yes I ment 325-35 f 355-35 r

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So There is no way that rear m wheels will fit? I've had my fenders rolled so they only rub on the very outer edge of the treads,

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
lol it's 235 and 255. you should get 235/35/19s and run them in the rear as well. that should help alleviate the rubbing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why 19's? I have 2 sets of the m3 rims, one set are 18's one 19's... Would using the 19 Fronts in the back work? Can I even do that?/ have 18 inch in the front and 19's in the back?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Why 19's? I have 2 sets of the m3 rims, one set are 18's one 19's... Would using the 19 Fronts in the back work? Can I even do that?/ have 18 inch in the front and 19's in the back?
Aren't the 18s and 19s different styles?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah but they are similar, you'd have to look pretty close to tell, at this point I'd do anything to stop the rubbing, will coilovers stop it??

·
Registered
592 Posts
i just saw someone using this set up the otherday on a red non m car, i was going to ask him how he did it but didnt bother... and yes it was a stagered set up not square.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah but they are similar, you'd have to look pretty close to tell, at this point I'd do anything to stop the rubbing, will coilovers stop it??
Are you kidding me. I can tell the difference a mile away. Also the 18s have a lip and the 19s don't. Just buy coilovers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your right they are different the 19's are more chromish aswell, what would getting coilovers do to stop the rubbing?

·
Registered
585 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts