E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting new tires (on my 18" Inspirations) from Tirerack in the near future.. I'm looking for a shop in Suffolk County NY to put them on the wheels, without causing any damage to the rims. Anyone know of any places on Long Island... Tirerack has a list of installers, but I'm looking for first hand experience...Thanks...Tony

·
Registered
353 Posts
Definately go with first hand experience and ask a lot of questions. My M68's were scuffed when I put my winter tires on.

·
Registered
419 Posts
This is a great question . . . have you considered going to Habberstad BMW I think they might have a good tire mounter but of course I would check around first since I never used them first hand . . . whoever does it for you, check to make sure that the equipment they have has rubber coded everything . . .
One big cause of scratches is old equipment that has metal touching your wheel.

You might want to check Hunter's website and see if they have an option on their website to who has the latest mounter, I know they have a way of checking who has the latest balancing machine . . .

Which tires are you going with ? I remember reading that you were considering the Yokohama ES100 . . .

·
Registered
372 Posts
Go to www.tricityautorepair.com, talk to Vince he is very detailed, he is located in Queens. New equipment, does a great job, excellent ANAL service, but his outsourcing can use some help, but he does the mounting himself, shocks, alignment,,etc....great guy,. great price.

He is also a TIRERACK high star rated tire installer..check him out..ive known this guy for 4 years...and still does a good job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts