BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i was driving and i revved up past 4000rpm and my car rattled continuously until i brought it down below 4000 rpm.
i did not even do down shifting at all. it never happened before.
also, eml sign, brake sign, and dsc sign popped up and the engine revved itself. when i turned off the engine and restarted my car, it was ok again. what is going on?
is it because my clutch is worn? i do not know what i should do.
also, herb chambers bmw in boston would not replace my clutch for free.. i saw many guys replaced their clutch for free for many times.
back to the topic, what is going on with my car???????
help me out please:ben:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got the same problem , I've done some research in different forums and noone can pin-point exactly what is causing this problem, my extended warranty is expired do to miles so I really dont want to take it to the dealer and pay a lot of money for them to tell me whats wrong with it so Im just waiting and see if somebody out there finds out whats the problem,,, some say its a intake temperature sensor, some say is a engine wire harness so untill everybody make up their minds , Im stuck with it , just re-start ur car everytime it happens and u'll be ok...l

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just received a call from the customer service or something like that. i talked to one of the representatives and she told me that they should replace my clutch for free if i am still under the warranty. therefore, i am going to the dealer tomorrow in the morning and see what's up. i will get my car done and ask them what was wrong with my car and tell you what the problem is.
and thanx for your helps!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts