BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my rear left trailing arm knuckle assembly is bent, just wondering if I can fit 325xi knuckle assembly to my 330i with no modification. The deal I can get on the 325xi knuckle is cheap. Thank you in advanced

·
Registered
393 Posts
If you haven't already, go to realoem.com and look up part numbers for both your 330i and the 325xi and it will tell you if the parts are the same.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you haven't already, go to realoem.com and look up part numbers for both your 330i and the 325xi and it will tell you if the parts are the same.

I appreciate it, the part numbers matched! Forgot about realoem lol thank you

·
Registered
831 Posts
I remember doing some research about this when I put 330i brakes on my 320i. The 330i E-brake does not mount on any other RTA with the exception of the 325ix. So yes, 330i and 325iX should be identical.

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,223 Posts
Hello, my rear left trailing arm knuckle assembly is bent, just wondering if I can fit 325xi knuckle assembly to my 330i with no modification. The deal I can get on the 325xi knuckle is cheap. Thank you in advanced
How did you determine the left trailing was bent? Was it obvious or did you have to measure things?

Looking for advice because I am working on a friend's 330i with a right rear shock absorber that is touching the upper control arm (with the car on jack stands). The left shock has about 1/4 inch space between its upper control arm.

Here is the thread I started with pictures, to give an idea

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1264339

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
This is cearly a geometric problem. Maybe you could measure the distance from some point on the hub to the trailer arm bracket on both sides. The one where it is touching might be longer than the other. Have you checked the top of the shock on the dodgy side? Is it fastened/seated properly? Is the shock itself bent?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts