E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - I just got an inspection done on a car I’m looking to buy and the dealership says there are no issues but all these fault codes came up. Would anyone be able to help me figure out if these are anything to be concerned about?

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,764 Posts
Mostly what I see when I do a scan of the car, fairly typical stuff except:

2nd one: What's that all about? I'd like to know more if it's innocuous or nefarious?
Also the two Can faults at the same time...

What seems weird to me is all the other faults are earmarked at a -1 mileage.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that’s what I don’t understand either. I don’t know whether to be concerned or not
Mostly what I see when I do a scan of the car, fairly typical stuff except:

2nd one: What's that all about? I'd like to know more if it's innocuous or nefarious?
Also the two Can faults at the same time...

What seems weird to me is all the other faults are earmarked at a -1 mileage.....

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
On the VIN, just eye ball on the Title and the VIN in the front shock tower and the front windshield small window. Code might be due to EWS /DME coding. The other codes are old stuff stored in memory.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,764 Posts
I've seen plenty of old/dead codes in history.
NEVER have I seen all of them with the same mileage stamp and all negative 1, ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts