E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: hi,

recently, my 2000 323i is acting up. when i come to a complete stop, and the car is idle, the car revs up by itself to about 1500 rpm a couple of times and then the engine just shuts off. i dunno what is wrong with the car. it only has 57k miles and no accidents. if anyone knows what is wrong, please email me at [email protected] or just reply to this post. thanks a lot!!

-mike

:cry:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I had a similar problem before. the car couldn't idle.. it'll just shut off if i don't keep on giving it gas.. the dealer fixed it under warrenty. They told me it was the cam sensor.
and recently i just had that same thing replaced again cuz the check engine light keeps on coming on.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Could be several things. If you are a DIY kinda person, at least take the car in and see if there are any faults. You might or might not get charged, it depends on what the situation is. Also have your dealer look for any open bulletins.......that should be free, no questions asked.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i had the same problem, my idle was going up and down rev itself, but it wouldnt cut off tho, anyhow i brought back to dealer they dont know what;s wrong with it, they just update the program for my ecu, then everything is fine.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
if it is the cam sensor. that's a really easy diy. so unless it's still under warranty i wouldn't let the dealer fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.