BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my way to work this morning, I had just pulled onto a side street to get to a main road and while leaving my dead stop, I felt a loss in power. I mashed the peddle down to get more power, no luck. Looked at the dash and the Check Engine light was on. I quickly limped into a parking lot and shut her off. I let the car sit for a moment, and started it back up. Seemed fine, so I hesitantly drove to work with no further issues the rest of the day. I've got an 04 325 Ci manual with 80k. Any thoughts on a possible issue?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
No way we can start to guess what the problem is without knowing what you're codes are. Go to an Autozone to get the codes read for free. Once you know what the check engine light is for, we may have some kind of insight as to what is going on with your car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way we can start to guess what the problem is without knowing what you're codes are. Go to an Autozone to get the codes read for free. Once you know what the check engine light is for, we may have some kind of insight as to what is going on with your car.
The check engine light is no longer on and everything's running fine. Will the codes be stored, even though the light is no longer triggered?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doing some research, it looks like my issue is similar to faulty ignition coils. The car has 80k, and to my knowledge the coils are original.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Yea, the codes should be stored for a certain timeframe. If it just happened today or within the last couple days, it should still be there. Even if the check engine light isnt the codes should still be stored. Could be coils, of one of a dozen other reasons. Get the codes read and we can give you a better idea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, the codes should be stored for a certain timeframe. If it just happened today or within the last couple days, it should still be there. Even if the check engine light isnt the codes should still be stored. Could be coils, of one of a dozen other reasons. Get the codes read and we can give you a better idea.
Thanks!!! As long as the codes are stored, i'll be okay. I was wondering if ya'll had a similar problems or a weird quirky problem with these over engineered, expensive paperweights. Gotta love em thought!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Fuel delivery, spark issue, or air leak. Most likely a clogged fuel filter/faulty pump, vacuum leak, or bad coil pack/spark plug. Get your codes read, as someone mentioned, they are stored even if the light is off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fuel delivery, spark issue, or air leak. Most likely a clogged fuel filter/faulty pump, vacuum leak, or bad coil pack/spark plug. Get your codes read, as someone mentioned, they are stored even if the light is off.
As long as they're stored it should be easy. It had better not be a faulty fuel pump. I changed that in December. Plugs are new as well. Fuel, spark, or air leak are the most likely culprits. I'm going to check my codes tomorrow morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts