E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to verify the proper operation of the Resonance Valve on my 2001 330i. Looking at the picture below, the Resonance Valve is circled in Red. It is easy to see on top of your intake manifold. Standing at the front of the car, thae Resonance Valve is on the drivers side of the intake manifold at the top. It looks like a black plastic box approximately 3" x 5" stuck to the side of the intake standing vertically on its thin edge. Once you find that box, the solenoid is attached to it on the firewall side of the box. In the picture, it is circled in Yellow. Please go check this valve on your car with the engine tuned off and tell me if it looks like this picture, then start your car and tell me if the solenoid moves (retracts the piston toward the firewall). I BELIEVE the solenoid is suppose to retract the valve toward the firewall when the RPM is less than 3750 RPM's. THANK YOU THANK YOU. :bow:

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:str8pimpi Bump..... Come on, somebody go look :rolleyes:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow when it's light out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'll check tonight. By any chance do you have a whining/whistle sound coming from here. I'm thinking this might be the culprit to the very popular annoying sound?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts