BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

One of my windscreen wipers have stopped working!
u can see that its slightly moving but not going any further..

any ideas why?

·
Registered
26,422 Posts
Start by removing the little plastic cap and the 10 mm wrench from trunk.

If you're lucky, it just got loose.

Do not accidentally drop it onto your window with the blade removed if it turns out you need to remove the arm and get underneath.

There is an issue I've read about involving the mechanism beneath...not the motor itself, but the connections between the arms.

Use advanced/title search...something like 'wipers not working' might get you to one of the appropriate threads.

·
Just Nuts
7,253 Posts
There is an issue I've read about involving the mechanism beneath...not the motor itself, but the connections between the arms.
Yes, you should know, you created the issue by telling people to pull the wiper arm off using no tool and damaging the arm connecting mechanism.

·
Registered
26,422 Posts
Yes, you should know, you created the issue by telling people to pull the wiper arm off using no tool and damaging the arm connecting mechanism.
More likely, don't you think, that damage happens because of someone using the wipers when they're frozen to the windshield. Besides, if you can do something by hand, you're far less likely to damage anything than if you have a tool insulating you from feeling what's going on.

It just a gentle wiggle to remove by hand. You should try it...just for fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts