E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If you are struggling to find an oil leak, I have great luck with the UV dye kit you put in oil. Now newly leaking oil will be a bright green and all doubt is gone. Get the kit w dye, yellow enhancing glasses and the UV light at the tip of a flexy wand. This lets you poke the light deeply into the engine right at sources to nail it. HTH

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Well, don't drive it around, then! Jump online and research it - a very common product.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Many days and many posts and no idea of the source. I posted a simple way to establish the leak location(s). I think for some OPs the conversation is more fun than solving the problem.....

Reactions: RRRM8E

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Get the dye kit already.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Dye kit ordered for the win. You've got an interesting treat ahead of you. Take off any engine covers in the way and lift it up if needed so you can start the engine and then immediately start crawling around watching for the beginning of a green colored seep.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Looking forward to an update. I just got back from a snowshoe trek for a couple days and oddly thought of you while in the quiet woods. "Hmm, what's happening with the oil leak guy I recommended dye to?" Heh..

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Well, that's the best news of all and I hope you got it! Terrific.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts