E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll get to the point -> vibration coming from front drivers wheel, only felt 60mph +, braking, turning = no change. Sometimes it feels the wheel is going to come right off the car. Here is what I've done:
1) New Control Arms Meyle (driver + passenger)
2) Meyle Bushings (same)
3) Front Hubs (same)
4) Inner/Outer Tie Rods
5) All four tires re-balanced plus new tire on that rim
6) Alignment

Notes: 2000 323CI 120K
New Shocks 20k ago
New Pads/Rotors 20k ago

Could I have received a faulty bushing? If so, would I not feel it also when braking at 60mph - also? Maybe a bad shock causing the wheel to bounce at higher speeds? Would a warped rotor cause vibration when brakes not applied? When brakes applied, car does not pull one side or the other. The only thing noticed is that hub is typically hotter than the rest - do not have gauge, only going by touch. This is driving (literally) me crazy and my step is the dealership.

Any help would be appreciated....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's the update....driver side caliper piston had failed and was pushing the inner pad against the rotor causing my vibration. Picked up a new one and replaced last night -everything feels great now (as long as on jacks, good chance for me to put the summer wheels on :thumbsup:). Should have seen this before :banghead: but with the car not pulling to one side or the other or worse when braking, really baffled me on this one. Too bad I figured it out after replacing all the other parts but good preventative maintenance!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
here's the update....driver side caliper piston had failed and was pushing the inner pad against the rotor causing my vibration. Picked up a new one and replaced last night -everything feels great now (as long as on jacks, good chance for me to put the summer wheels on :thumbsup:). Should have seen this before :banghead: but with the car not pulling to one side or the other or worse when braking, really baffled me on this one. Too bad I figured it out after replacing all the other parts but good preventative maintenance!
glad u found the problem..

btw, how much brake pad was left when the piston failed. does this only happen when low on pad or worn rotors? or were they newer

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts