BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help....i just had the RDsport springs fitted to my car. It doesn't lower the car as what i expected. It suppose to drop lower than both eibach pro-kit and H&R sport springs from what i heard. But not in my case.

what's wrong ? could it be the springs faulty? or does it need couple of months to wait the suspension to settle.

Thanks

·
Registered
891 Posts
Which springs did you get the sport or the competition? I installed the competition springs on my car a week ago and theres about an inch gap in both the front and rears. Maybe you need to wait and let them settle, but that gap does seem very huge.

·
First 19" ZHP
1,463 Posts
what size rims do u have if you have 19s you should have tried H&R itll give you a better drop

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have 19" on now....the springs i have is RDSport sport spring...not competition.....it is too late now bc i already got it.

so sad !

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is that the other way we should install the springs....could it be bad installation or wrong installation. Bc the shop i went in is a very crappy backyard which i doubt they ever install one on a bimmer....

U know there is an original end-cap attached to the OEM springs....shall we remove them if we put the sport springs or should we still put them back with the sport springs ?

thanks

·
INDEED
1,135 Posts
non sport 325's have HUGE wheel gaps. It might settle in in a few weeks or something, but I had 3+ inches of wheel gap when it was stock...

·
- FAMOUS -
206 Posts
if you just had them installed give it a bit more time. my eibach pro-kit took about 2 weeks to fully settle. you can speed up the process a bit by hitting the twisties a few times a week or doing 80mph slalom like i did.

aaron

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, i running stock shocks....but all my friend running stock shock in thier car and thier lower more than mine........

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
Let them settle if you just installed them. It'll probably lower another 1/2 inch. But i dont think 1/2 inch is enough in your case.

·
Registered
95 Posts
give them time to settle... when i got mine back, it was only lower by about 1/4"... it settled about a 1/4" to a 1/2" with the rdsport springs in about a month.... i have the sport package, so the most it dropped is about 1/2" all around... there's not very much gap for me, maybe about a finger in the front and slight tuck in the rear, which is exactly wat i wanted...

·
No more E46 :(
2,656 Posts
That looks about the same drop as my stock Sport suspension. Is it too late to exchange to different springs?
noidea said:
...Bc the shop i went in is a very crappy backyard which i doubt they ever install one on a bimmer....
If you knew that already, why did you even bother to go there in the first place?:dunno:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts