E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have a 1999 323i....which has been sitting for about 3 months, since i was overseas. Now, I just came back yesterday and the Key will not go into the Ignition Cylinder :ben:. Battery is dead, found some water in the Fuse box in the Glove box location (thanks to Hurricane Irene).

Has anyone heard of such an issue? I don't understand why the Key will not go inside the cylinder.

Help!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Are you sure it's the right key? How many Bimmers do you own? :D

But seriously check and make sure there isn't anything budged in there, also maybe trying locking/unlocking the steering wheel. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
+1 to post above me....try pulling left or right on the steering wheel while trying to insert the key.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Are you sure it's the right key? How many Bimmers do you own? :D

But seriously check and make sure there isn't anything budged in there, also maybe trying locking/unlocking the steering wheel. Just a thought.

No there is nothing budged in there, i can see the tumbler (which was always there) btw, the Steering will not lock either (that's weird as well)
Haha, how many Bimmers....too bad its my first & only one...:( And i cant Drive it ! :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1 to post above me....try pulling left or right on the steering wheel while trying to insert the key.
Cant even get the key in even Half Way. The tumbler is blocking it, i removed the cover underneath the Steering wheel and found some Water. ..can Water Seize the Tumblers inside the cylinder??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys!

I was finally able to get the Key in :excited:. I found a Blown Fuse (Fuse # 67) which is the Anti - Theft system, Once i replaced the Fuse i was able to insert the Key in more than Before!! Then i used Lock Graphite (thanks Stinger9 and Bill from Greenwich BMW in CT) Tapped the Key in Lightly, and now it actually fully turns...Now, to find out if it will start, since i had a Dead battery...Just got me a New Battery , need to install it and see if this Baby will come alive or needs a Starter :hmm: (hopefully i dont..Keeping my fingers crossed here)..... Stay tuned

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.