BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new here and finally have a chance to say hi :)

So for starters I have a 2004 325xi with 191K miles on a 5 speed 2.5L L6, and she is starting to hurt.

There is a coolant leak, not bad yet, but there's a 2"-3" spot under the center front of where the motor is when I park. That doesn't happen all the time, but I want to fix that asap. I'm assuming its the water pump, but this is my first BMW so I don't know.

While I'm here I have code P0161. Downstream O2 sensor I presume?

I need a new front driveshaft, is that something I can do myself in my garage with jack stands?

Finally... after hitting a deer I had angel eye projector headlights retrofit to my car. Now my parking lamps and low beams are on all the time. I can't turn them off. I haven't had time lately to chase wires or diagnose myself.

Please, please help my car and I out!

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Pressure test the cooling system to find the leak and go from there. The front drive shaft should be doable on jack stands. The PO161 could be a wiring issue, I had a bad connection on my e36 that threw the heater circuit code. I got a section of harness from someone parting out a car and spliced it in, problem solved.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hey welcome to the forums. I love the xis. Cover the whole cooling system with baby powder and let it get nice and hot. Should be able to see where the leak is coming from. Even better idea is to just replace it all at once and never worry about it again! It***8217;s a tad pricey, but it is basically the only major problem these cars have. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts