E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as the title said, my car wont start.
its a 2003 330i zhp with 90,000 miles.
i last drove the car 48 hours ago and there werent any apparent issues, but when i tried to start it today the car just turns over or cranks weakly but not steadily.
please refer to the video and info underneath the video for more information.
i am happy to answer any questions or even to try taking another video with better sound.
any constructive words are appreciated. thank you and i hope to hear back from you guys soon. :banghead: :hmm:

http://youtu.be/uHH8jPvJnMs?t=10s

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: i had my mechanic look at it and the engines getting spark, fuel and air but the cylinders have low compression. Cylinders 1 and 3 are at about 30psi and the rest are at 100. The minimal normal compression is around 140psi.
When i checked the oil there was not any coolant in it.
Please post your opinions and questions, thank you.

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
Video did not work just now for me.

Not much info.

Did you check for codes?

Low compression is not good, however, this may be a red herring until you can get it running again.

A few things.

1. How much fuel is in the car? Check my signature below for the Hidden OBC Menu and see if you can make sure the right hand fuel tank has something in it. When was the last time you filled up?

2. Get a car to jump start if the battery seems weak and it is cold. Hold the throttle to the floor while cranking in case you need to get the car into "Clear Flood Mode". I have had some cars lately that ended up being flooded and the "Clear Floor Mode" got the started.

3. Have you had any problems with the CCV, oil leaks or oil light lately?

4. Get a can of spray starting fluid at the parts store, usually around $3, open the air filter, give a good 2 seconds shot and try to start the car, see if the car at least kicks and/or starts and dies. If it kicks or starts and dies, you have a fuel problem of some sort.

5. Check my signature below for the link - Solve your misfires, lean codes, rough idle. Read up on that, check the intake boots, lower CCV oil return hose and other items to see if you have any obvious problems.

6. Disconnect the MAF and see if this gets the car started.

Good luck and report back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts