BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long story short. I ordered a new model year car from a dealer expecting January2003 delivery. I called them this week and the car is now NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!
How do I trace the car on the net if possible.

I think they sold my car without my permission. Can they do that to me?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
What, are you serious? They can't do that can they? Demand an explanation from them, otherwise consider threatening them w/ legal action. That might help get them to do something about it soon.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,487 Posts
I think threatening them with legal action at this point is a little pre-mature. Call the dealership and get the VIN or tracking number. Then call BMWNA. Explain the situation. Did you sign anything when you ordered the car?

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you signed a sale contract and had placed money down and they sold the car to someone else then they have just broken their contract. I don't know what you will get out of this but I am sure it will be something.:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a legitimate order of a 2003 model with order number and a small deposit down through a real dealership.

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
they couldnt find my car right before it was supposed to be shipped. about a week later it reappeared.

·
Registered
935 Posts
fan330xi said:
This is a legitimate order of a 2003 model with order number and a small deposit down through a real dealership.
If you got paperwork and a deposit, give them hell....unless there is small print in contract (which i doubt it). They seem to have dishonored your contract.

You say it is "another European company", you didn't order a YUGO,did ya?:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eksath said:

If you got paperwork and a deposit, give them hell....unless there is small print in contract (which i doubt it). They seem to have dishonored your contract.

You say it is "another European company", you didn't order a YUGO,did ya?:D
My Yugo order did not come in either and it has been 12 years.
Still waiting!:banghead:

·
'a certain moderator'
38,197 Posts
where in PA are u? what dealer did u use? i am still confused on the fact that u went thru a dealer, but with another european company???

more details please

-brendan

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
simsima325 said:
where in PA are u? what dealer did u use? i am still confused on the fact that u went thru a dealer, but with another european company???

more details please

-brendan
This happened in New York. I guess I should say another european car manufacturer.
Presentlr I am seeking legal advice. Dont want to mention names yet on this public forum. I will keep the friends here informed as the situation progresses.:banghead:

·
Registered
395 Posts
fan330xi said:

This happened in New York. I guess I should say another european car manufacturer.
Presentlr I am seeking legal advice. Dont want to mention names yet on this public forum. I will keep the friends here informed as the situation progresses.:banghead:
mention the name NOW. so people can stay away from as$holes like these..if i were u i would ask for a loaner until ur car is home, and use the loaner as a race car:thumbup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't tell details right now. But the exact dealship, manufacturer, sales person, and manager will be posted on this and every forum that I can get my hands on and with the help of everyone on this forum.
I will give the dealer a week to find my car, and in the mean time, just wait around a little.
Thanks for everyone's support and concern.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The car may have been on that ocean liner that sunk, supposedly 500 million dollars worth of BMW, Mercedes and Volvos sunk a little while back

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I can't tell details right now. But the exact dealship, manufacturer, sales person, and manager will be posted on this and every forum that I can get my hands on and with the help of everyone on this forum.
http://www.dealerrater.com

$500,000,000???? try $50,000,000 :lmao:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts