E46 Fanatics Forum banner

help me value this car

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  PlamondonXI 
#1 ·
I know this isn't the right section, but please bear with me as I need all your opinions in order to make a decision within a couple of days. The e90F site just isn't good in that regard.

Just sold my e46 for $14k (only had 35k miles) and am looking to upgrade to an e90.

I have about 20k (14 down, finance rest) to spend, so that has been my budget.

ideally I was looking for a 328xi or 330xi with low miles at that $20k mark. well instead I found a 2006 325xi metallic charcoal gray with black interior, cold weather and premium package, Nav, xenon, etc with only 25k miles for $19,900.

my question, is this a fair price? this is through a dealership (Kia) I should add. mileage, AWD, and an auto tranny were the most important as I live in Boston and need this to be an all-season DD. if only it were a 330 it would be perfect!

I am trying to decide if it is worth it to hold out for the 330xi performance wise, as I did not get to test drive one yet. I have a deposit on the 2006 because I essentially need to purchase a vehicle before Monday for work, but at the same time do not want to make a hasty decision.

Most of the e90's (328, 330s) have been going for around the same price but double the mileage!

So what do you guys think? Is this a good deal?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...20950852&Log=0

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Wrong forum. Try E90post
As I mentioned, I understand this isn't in the "right" forum, but I value the opinions of those who post here as I've been reading this forum throughout the 2 e46's I've owned. FYI, I also posted on e90F and e90post. Even though it's a new generation, it's still a BMW.

Unforutnately I am just pressed for time and that is why I need all the opinions I can get. I am on vaca this week but need to make a decision and find something before Monday, before work, as I am out a car right now! Given the circumstances I just want to be sure I make an informative, non-hasty decision.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
OK I'll put my two cents in but I have a feeling this thread will be moved. Obviously a 330 would be a better choice, but the 325 and 330 literally share the same exact engine. Software tuning, manifolds and exhaust make up the difference in power (i'm guessing you aren't into modding. Good thing is the 325i with a software tune makes just as much power as the E46 330 does (maybe slightly lower). Certainly faster than your 325 was. Was that fast enough? As far as pricing goes, just tell them you have other cars to look at but you do like this one. Make an offer a couple grand less than what they want and go from there. Seems OK to me for low mileage.
thank you for your input. this is exactly what i was looking for.

I'm not into modding a ton, but am always modding in clean simple ways that can help enhance the stock look. The one thing I was thinking about doing with this car is performance exhaust, which from what I've gathered from your post would help get that much closer to 330 performance.

This car is clean and exactly what I was looking for in almost every way (been searching within a 100 mile radius). I would just hate to purchase this and then be craving more of that 330 power - although with the 3.0 this 325 is already faster than previous generation 325's.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Brotheman I'm in the same boat as you I just drove the 328xi and 325 from 2006 and after owning a 330 and my dad having a 530 let me tell you it was a disappointment the engine seems like at high rpms it's about to deliver power as it screams but never does...I as well am looking into 330xi 2006 and 2007 335 and there aren't many out there that have all three packages which is what I want the most so I'm just gonna wait it out I would think you'd do the same my e46 330 engine is near perfect mix of performance and efficiency
i hear ya! you're in my area too... I don't wanna settle on a 325xi and be craving more power but there really aren't any quality e90s out there! so frustrating. All I want is an e90 330xi, dont care too much for the packages but NAV would be nice...

It doesn't help that I need a car for work by Monday. I'm hoping something pops up this week :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.