BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
few months ago, i hit a side bump real bad.
after that, my car got bouncy. (i've got H&R coilover)
it was not that bad at that time.
but, ride was terribly bumpy right now.
so i check the suspension at some shop but they looked nothing wrong! that's what the guy said and charged me couple hundreds.
there wasn't any leaking or something and spring worked fine.
but, there always is clicking noise and handling is totally ****ed up.
so i dropped my car in dealership, but then they wouldn't even take a look at them because i got aftermarket parts(coilover and brake rotter)
i had to pay ****ing 500$ for just taking them out and check! f***ing pisses me off!
what should I do?
what do you guys think is wrong?
any components or inside of coilover?
help me guys! so that i can at least ask them to check my car specifically.

·
Core Fanatic
1,155 Posts
:english: First time I have felt like this needed to be said. Find a good independant shop and spend some green. Try not to hit "side things" anymore.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
spent too much money already dumba**

you f***ing fool got no idea how bad my situation is.
i spent 200$ to take them off and take a look at them(that's all they did) and what they said was 'nothing's wrong~'
I check couple other shops, but they ask me too much money for just checking them out.
even before that, bmw dealer ship asked me to pay 500$ to take off 'aftermarket parts' and just take a look. **** that! i rather get new set of coilover!
you know what i'm talkin' about?
shut your f***in mouth if you have no f***ing idea.
all i wanted to know was what kind of problems or components would cause this kinda problems so that i can at least ask them to check something out specifically.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
10,883 Posts
If you want people to help you well formulated sentences helps so that people can understand what the problem is. Also if you don’t swear at them it helps too.

It sounds like you could have blown out the shock. Based on my experience a leaking shock would cover your wheel liner, wheel, etc. in oil. If this is not the case then I am at a loss.

Also you got ripped off paying that much at an aftermarket shop. It shouldn't have taken them more than an hour to look at your suspension. I am not sure I would trust their opinion.

Tim

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It's just a matter of finding a COMPETENT shop to stick the car up on a lift and carefully examine it. The fact that you are getting ripped off left and right doesn't say much for your bargaining skills though -- if you are a young kid (which it sounds like) have your father bring the car in, a young kid in an expensive car doesn't warrant much respect from most body shops.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
you should ask around the forum

after i got to the end of my answer i realise you are in calif. check
renn-sport out see sam or samir their. they are one of the top mod shops in calif. you are pretty close to them check them out
they are the best place to go to in your area. sorry i did not notice where you live sooner. would have save me alot of typing in this answer to you. lollll

where other members in your area go to for their cars for
mod's or where they go to have their coilovers work done. and see how they like their mod shop work on their cars.

you can ask vinnymack about coilovers or john from jersey or even
acs-3 from denver not the one on the east coast. they are all very
knowledgeable about coilovers. i would try vinnymack first send him a private message and see what he says about your trouble.
tell him i told you to speak to him bobm3. he would answer you anyway but i been at times asking these 3 members different things. they are all very smart when it comes to bmw's. i like to call them all masters of mod'ing on their cars. they all have top cars in their areas of the united states.

i know on my car i have coilovers and i live in bklyn new york. and
let me say that the roads are very bad. well after 4 months of having the coilovers put in my car. i hear a noise very time i hit a bumb. had it a week and bought the car into my dealer to check out. i became good friends with the head mech. giving him 20.00 tips very time a would bring my car in from time to time.
but to get back to my story. he took the car with me to test
drive the car and he heard the sound. he raise up my car on the lift. and found nothing wrong. then he ask one of the mech plus me to bounce the car in the back and he found out.

that one of the coilovers got loose that the installer did not tighten up the coilover on one side of the car in the back. and he check the other side in the back also. and that was a little loose to. he tighten both sides up for me 3 turns make them tighter.
and i never heard a sound again. this may be the problem maybe to for you. the installer just not wanted to take a chance on striping the bolt i guess not sure what he did . but the mech is a nice guy and not a crook. and i told my car adviver that i heard something in the back of my car. so i did not have to pay.
check to see if any thing is loose under your rear of your car.
good luck try to keep calm and just try to find a mod. shop that does good work.

but where did you get your coilovers and who install them. i
would go back to who ever install them or if you did go back where you bought them and have them check it for you. if you
bought them thru the mail them then look for a place.

if you are in the bay area you must be pretty close to renn-sport
talk to sam over at renn-sport. ask them to look at your car. that
is one place that knows bmw's they should find your trouble with
no problem i would say.ask if samir can look at it he is the top guy over their at renn-sport. try their forum and call them up and
see what they can do to help you. i think that is your best bet.
after i realise who are close to renn-sport in the same state hehehe.i say they are the best after market mod. shop in calif.
i think and if not they have to be one of the best good luck.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Core Fanatic
1,155 Posts
Mind your tongue, confused little boy. You are troll like in your angst. So you get no help from me in the future,

fuk off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry if i sound like d***head, just so upset to what happen.

i'm sorry 325seeeye, i was just too upset about what happen.
you know when things don't work out.
btw does anyone in Bay area know some good shop?
appreciate your help!

·
Registered
160 Posts
the only shop i know that handles this type of problem around the bay area is MACH 3, in SF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts