E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Help me narrow these issues down please

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  markusmarkus 
#1 ·
So I have a 2003 325i. It ran very well until the last few months when it began having small intermittent issues that are now happening much more frequently. Occasionally I lose all power and it feels as the engine is gonna stall. Its usually after putting a heavy load on the engine ( large hill ) then stopping at the top and when I give it gas again it hesitates and then experiences the rpm drop. On the hill this last time I went into limp mode(auto). This has happened three times now twice without limp and was fine upon restarting with no see light. Last night I was driving in town stopped at a light and upon giving it some gas the same thing happened this time with a battery and ses light. I read the codes and it was misfires in cylinder 1 and 2. Drove it home last night when there was virtually zero traffic with no issues. Im thinking due to one time my radio cut out right before I had an issue that its my voltage regulator. I don't think its the coils just because I feel like the battery light wouldn't have came on. Im also considering the intake camshaft sensor. But I feel like that would have thrown its own code. Anyone had like issues and solved them ? Im going out to check the spark plugs, grounds, switch my coils around(to see if the misfire changes, if it even comes back) and probably pull my alternator out.

#5 ·
How much fuel was in the tank when these problems occur?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.