BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Colors I considered so far (If you have other suggestions please enlighten me thanks)

• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Metallic Gray

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • White

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Bronze

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Don't change the color

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

So it's almost my birthday and i'll soon be getting my E46 323i. and here are the pics my dad sent me from the owner, and i'm not a fan of the wheels (especially the chrome).

and, I'll replace my wheels don't worry, maybe a set of TE37's or something similar, but as of now i'll enjoy my car as is :)

What color should i paint it?

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am a fan of the silver/gunmetal colored wheels...

Gold323_new_wheels.jpg

Beyern wheels are reasonably priced. Those are 18 inch diameter, 8.5 inches wide, and have a 40 offset in the 'normal' 5x120 lug configuration...

225x40x18 tires, and no clearance/rubbing issues. I suspect a 255 could likely be squeezed on, but I've never tried it.

·
Banned
47 Posts
^that.

(PS. if you paint your wheels 4-Runner Toyota RAV black....I'm gonna find you & have to throat-punch you for doing the 2005-old-hat-thing.)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. i'll be choosing Dark Metallic Gray and i honestly think it would look neat. good job everyone ! i'll post updates in this thread with my DIY, stay tuned! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dark metallic gray is the least offensive. i don't know what kind of wheels they are, so hope they're proper, safe, and fit the car correctly. otherwise i'll recommend stock bmw wheels.
Yeah, i hope they're safe and proper as well

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Silver and get rid of the fake M3 vents.
i'm most likely gonna keep it for now, since it's quite hard to find e46 parts around in my country :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
To Paint or not to Paint

Hello from Downunder,
We went through the same decision process with our Metallic Black 2005 330ci Sport Special Edition (love the car).
We liked the Silver Wheels but thought that they were just too much of a stand out.
So my wife (colour consultant) & I sorted through possibilities... NO BLACK!
Final choice was VHT High Temp Wheel Paint SP189 "Graphite".
Once done, we were both happy with the result & we've had many positive comments about the colour & the finished look.
Before & after pics attached

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts