E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
4,750 Posts
It's legal in states where you don't have to have a front plate, it's considered a vanity plate. As long as you have the original on the back you are fine, unless you live in Texas where you have to have your original in front and back
so youre saying you legally have to have the front and back plate in texas? And you live in Texas? But you asked us is you have no front plate? :eek:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Maybe no noticeable restriction? dunno..I think the OP meant their original TX plate was larger, and therefore affecting the airflow more than a Euro plate would, not that they currently don't have ANY plate on the front.

Same as NY though, have to have both front and backs. Which sucks, cause I loved how my pre-face front bumper looked without anything on it, and without any holes in it. Tow hook mount in the meantime. If it wasn't for my tinted windows (another NY no-no), I wouldn't have put the plate on, and just waited to see if I got a ticket for it. I drove my IROC back in the day for over a year and never got hassled, until I got pulled over for something else (mistakenly, but still), and then they started looking to see what they could get me for. But having the windows AND no front plate to me seemed like too many minors to escape with, so...yeah.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Be aware of the meter maids if you have to have the plate in the front in your state.
I got ticketed on a meter parking for not having the front plate(my front plate was stolen a couple of days ago by some lunatic).
And I know a fanatic who got ticketed twice for running the europlate in the front with the same numbers as he has on the back plate.

To answer your question
You can get your state specific plates from here:
http://www.customeuropeanplates.com/usa-european-license-plates-c-35.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.