BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sofa-king-what
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've updated my LCM, from 3.6 to 4.7, with the guide that Terra provided us (thanks again, you're the best), as he suggest , at the end of the procedure,i've flashed a blank .MAN file to set everything to the OEM coding option for it.
I didn't used the 3.6 backup as it doesn't included many of the upgrades i was looking for: BFD, lane change 3x blink, etc.etc , the only modification that i made to this (3.6) was adding front fogs to "follow me home".

once the LCM was connected to the car i wanted to check that special 4.7 function that shuts off the light when you remove the key (with knob on ON position) as Z4s does, but that leaves the parking lights on with knob on 1st position

unfortunately that function do not work (even if I had a sort of it already activated due to the Auto function of the new LCM itself, let's skip this for a while) and sadly i've discovered that my parking lights were not working at all: not working as parking ( knob on 1st position- engine off) neither as running lights (knob on 1st position - engine on), i'm talking about the bulb into the high beams (in EU we have that)
i've also noticed that those aren't working also when headlights are on (on 3.6 they were ON), but if i move the lever up/down, with engine off, blinker turns on as parking lights, "once upon a time" angels use to do this.

I made a test with INPA to check if the problem was on ccfl angel's inveter, (i immediatel tought that probably blinker were set as backup lights in case of burnt bulb) but i couldn't trigger them properly, i mean, no changement in status from OFF, so is executing the command that is not working from the LCM, and not both inverters burnt (haven't checked yet with a tester if a 12V reaches the inverters, but i'm quite sure they're ok)
keep in mind that my car is a pre facelift EU vert, and his v4.7 file i'm quite sure came from a facelift US sedan, for this reason i've found a real mess when i opened Dummy to check what was wrong in there.

many of the options were set for US Sedan with adaptive bixenon (i've single xenon), i tried to check/uncheck many options to make some sort of order in there, but also with Dummy many points are indecipherable (pinxx_YY) ,and even if i've found some "parking lights" related specific options, those still not work

i've tried different config 'till 3AM, searched around for coding translations too, but i've only been able to set it to EU with LSZ variant,( proably, not sure), and I added back fogs to Follow me home and stop...

someone can kindly check my attached file and figure out why they don't work,
if this person then also wanted to help me configure from 0 it would be perfect.
I need fully BFD functionality and parking lights (i can activate everything else can activate by myself)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vu2kqLZajdGrCf4mVDOH1iBGYok7ydTv (MAN)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a80YM1n4zwM-XPgfj3FGytO2W5DW8JRV (TRC)

Thanks in anticipation !!

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
You have it coded as a US facelift sedan module. That's what the virgin eeprom defaults to. Are you 100% sure you coded anything?

If you have an EU ZCS/VO and wrote a blank FSW_PSW.MAN file to the car, it should set to the EU defaults with all your options.

Your files aren't helpful. The .MAN file is missing parameters, the .TRC file is for the whole car rather than just the LSZ.

·
Sofa-king-what
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Terra
In reality my goal was to adjust it to my needs as all the interesting functions were already enabled,
By align with my VO I’ll lost most of them.

I thought that it could be easier to find and activate those missing parameters for parking lights instead rewrite everything.

I mean.. now I need to stress someone on how enable bfd and other as they’re not present any more.

Hope that someone is not you ;-p

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Terra
In reality my goal was to adjust it to my needs as all the interesting functions were already enabled,
By align with my VO I’ll lost most of them.

I thought that it could be easier to find and activate those missing parameters for parking lights instead rewrite everything.

I mean.. now I need to stress someone on how enable bfd and other as they’re not present any more.

Just my $0.02. If you're able to update the LCM and have the capability to code it. You're more than half way there in figuring out how to enable your desired options....

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Hi Terra
By align with my VO I***8217;ll lost most of them.

I mean.. now I need to stress someone on how enable bfd and other as they***8217;re not present any more.

I***8217;ll probably sound like an ass saying this, but if it were easier to code everything by hand manually, that***8217;s what I would have told people to do. Reset your module, code back the customizations you want by hand. You***8217;ll be done with that well before 3AM.

·
Sofa-king-what
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just my $0.02. If you're able to update the LCM and have the capability to code it. You're more than half way there in figuring out how to enable your desired options....
you don't know me.. i'm still fighting with a pdc that is recognized by inpa/SSS, shown into VOs but not present into NCS ecu selection and obvi not working as "not activated"

I'll probably sound like an ass saying this, but if it were easier to code everything by hand manually, that's what I would have told people to do. Reset your module, code back the customizations you want by hand. You'll be done with that well before 3AM.
absolutely not an ass..
the only problem is that is not only an active/not active on (dummy) translated parameters.. there are so many other options that are involved and by knowing my luck, i'll find myself in car at 4am, freezed like Nicholson into the Overlook's maze, before having BFD stage3 activated (still have to understand how to update the kmb FW to accept BFD)

if only i could use a prog like Romraider which compares the differeces, that would semplify everything

ok i'm lazy, this is the awful truth..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts