BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had my KW's v.1 installed today and found out that the ring is rubbing against both front inside tires. I was told to try to use spacers to eliminate the problem. Have any of you guys running KW's had this problem? I was so happy till I started to drive it. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes ........with my old wheels(Zenetti Valeos 18x8.5) I had to use 1/4" spacers in the front. I think its a common thing. Just call up a local shop for spacers. Should not be hard to get.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

ky! Your right in that i need spacers, cause the kw site says that running stock wheels will need spacers.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah I know what your going through.

I remember freaking out when by buddy did the install. It's a big downer. It doesn't help that the instuction manual is completely in German either.

I found that if the shocks were set too soft the ride is actually worse. Less bounce on the stiffer settings. I plan to take out the front spring perches so I can go lower too, read that a few fanatics have done this.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,089 Posts
Damn, this is good to know since I'm hoping to get my KW v2's installed this weekend. I hope the 7mm spacers I have are enough to resolve any rubbing issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts