E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2002 325i. Vandals broke the rear passenger window, so after cleanup I recovered the red clip and installed it on the new window. I removed the lower inside trim and lower outside weatherseal but I still can't figure out how to maneuver the window to go inside the tracks on each side of the window.

Is there a trick to do this? Can someone share how to do this and don't bother pointing me to another window regulator link. I've changed a half dozen regulators but never a window. For the life of me I can't see what to do next.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure I'm following... The door is intact, I've removed the inside panel to access the red clip that holds the window and clean out the debris. I can lower the bottom edge of the glass into the door, but can't figure out how to get the window into the side tracks. Tilting or rotating the window doesn't seem to work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Seems to be a British/English problem on my part! Yes, I can get the window into the door card, but can't figure out how to get it into the tracks on each side of the window. Could you explain in as much detail as possible?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, thanks. I'll see if I can figure how how to remove the small pillar between the window and the small window. If anyone has a link or tip on how to do that would be helpful!
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OK got it. The trick is to pull back the inside pillar separating the larger window from the quarter panel window. Pulling back the inside trim reveals three screws that hold the the outside metal pillar. This outside piece holds the rubber molding that fits along side the window. Once this outside metal piece is removed, it's a simple matter to insert the door window into the door, attach it to the regulator and then reattach the outside pillar, following by snapping back the inside molding adjacent to the inside pillar.

I've attached a couple of photos for the next guy... The first photos shows the inside trim pulled back. Underneath the center molding are three screws which allow the outside metal pillar to release.

The second photos shows the outside metal free from the window. Pretty easy once you know how :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts