BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me out? when i press the button for my heated-seat option for my passenger seat it just blinks green and off right away. it wont stay on, but on my driver side its working fine. does anyone know the particular problem to this? is it the wiring? might it be loose?

i'm not using it right now, but i will be soon in the winter. i just wanted to make sure before checking it out.

anyone?

thanks

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
47,771 Posts
love your rims :thumbup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok guys...

i found out the problem... in fact i didn't even have a problem to begin with...

the passenger seat warmer will not turn on unless someone is sitting on it...

i learned something new... this doesn't apply with the driver seat.. only the passenger...

correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
417 Posts
monkeyx328 said:
ok guys...

i found out the problem... in fact i didn't even have a problem to begin with...

i learned something new... this doesn't apply with the driver seat.. only the passenger...

correct me if im wrong
Today I found out that I have the same problem as you but it's on the driver's seat. I press the button and the light blinks for an instant and shuts off (and I'm sitting on it)HELP :rolleyes:

·
Registered
213 Posts
monkeyx328 said:
ok guys...

correct me if im wrong
it doesn't happen to me...
i often turn on the seat warmer ahead of time for my gf...

·
Registered
417 Posts
evoryu said:

it doesn't happen to me...
i often turn on the seat warmer ahead of time for my gf...
that's true, it doesn't matter whether you're sitting or not. I press the button for the driver's seat, little green lights blink for an instant and then it shuts off. Is that a fuse?:dunno: Where is the fuse box??please help:cry:

·
Registered
732 Posts
actually....its possible, i mean like technology wise(lexus uses that kind stuff for the seatbelts.....starts blinkin when someone is sitting) but i doubt the seat warmers in our cars have it...

·
Registered
175 Posts
drmirage said:
lol.... bring it to the dealers.... i dont think the car would know if anyone is sitting down or not.
My Toyota Celica had sensors in the front seats. They were very sensitive too. If I put a book down on the passanger seat w/o the belt buckled in, the seatbelt light would blink constantly...was pretty damn annoying.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The problem is that I'm sitting and pressing the button for the driver's seat..it works fine for the passeger seat...could this be a fuse?:dunno:

·
Registered
213 Posts
maybe some wires are lose.:dunno:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah... at first i thought it was working cuz i sat on the sit...but when someone else sat on it..it did it again...

i dont know why it does that...

must be a defect

someone start a petition

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,528 Posts
Check under the seat for the connectors -- quite possibly they're a little loose, which would explain why it can sometimes work (esp. if someone's sitting on it). Unplug the connector, check for dirt, and reconnect; see if that fixes your problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts