E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have $300 to blow on mods :D but im not sure what i should buy. what do u guys think will make me most satified with spending my 300 bones? oh i already have an intake, chip, tranny softwhere, and throttle body. anyways thanks in advance!!!:thumbup:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
UUC Sways! makes ur car much more enjoyable to handle!

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,154 Posts
Let's See

UUC sways are just a bit more at $350. You will definitely notice a difference with these on.

Also, you can get VDO gauges for around $200. Or maybe a Z8 or s2000 Start Button?

A specific list of what you already have would be helpful as there may be suggestions to complement what you got. Also, what's more important to you...looks or performance?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think im looking more for performance than looks, but here is a specific list of what i already have:platinum vision bulbs, painted reflectors, dinan intake,chip, trannysoftewear, dinan throttle body, im getting the dinan exaust soon also. im looking to make my car faster more than looks or suspension wise. have any more ideas?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
the dinan software you got, is that the ECU upgrade?

did it help at all?

i have a new 330CI on lease, i would like to make it faster, i am going to be driving it for 3 years but i dont want to do anything that is too hard to take out when i need to return it, or void warranty i guess...

did the upgrade make any difference?

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,154 Posts
mark330ci said:
im looking to make my car faster more than looks or suspension wise. have any more ideas?
Since you listed the tranny software, I assume you have a Steptronic, correct? For this money, the only thing I could think of off-hand are underdrive pulleys ( < $200 I think), good for maybe 5HP. To get more power beyond the intake, chip and exhaust you'd have to go with a supercharger or the Renn-Sport power kits which are much more expensive.

BTW, I don't know about you, but I think the tranny software is close to worthless. If you can, I'd say return it and use the money towards a UUC TSE exhaust. I think it looks better than the Dinan one and performance wise, really won't be much of a difference.

Plus, I think you should rethink the suspension part. Aside from the ///M cars, BMWs aren't all that fast straight-line. They are however, a great combination of luxury, looks, and performance and usually exceed other makes in handling. You'll only be making that better with sways and/or coilovers...and the car will look alot better whens its been lowered a bit. Of course, we're talking more than $300 bucks here, but food for thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts