BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the 4 bolts with an allen wrench, but what is the trick to make the other side of the box (near the fender) let go?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind I got it. I have another question, though. How do you get the black cover under the steering wheel completely off? There are three screws, and then this crazy round looking thing against the center console. And are there clips holding it in place under the steering column? I hate to just pull and pull not knowing what I'm doing. Someone please help.

·
OO[][]OO
528 Posts
If you are talking about the E-box - (which is located near the brake master cylinder, in front of the driver side behind the firewall ) - it is held by 4 small alen wrench bolts and it's swing open torse the fender, there is hinges which can be pop out in straight up position on the lid .

3C:)

330CIEVOSport

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only pain now is the "weird" pin/screw thing against the center console. (See Picture). I have tried to pull it out by prying a screwdriver under it, and tried pulling it with the back of a hammer, and even a crowbar. All I am doing is totally mutilating the knob. How the hell does this thing come off? (Sorry, I am getting frustrated by stupid "clips" and weird crap).

Attachments

·
NWT Fanatic
761 Posts
you only pull the little part out, then remove the whole piece. (the two pieces arent meant to be seperated)

Hope the pic helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'm gonna try that.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
hahah it took me awhile to figure out how the hell to get that out too

you can tell by how mutilated it is in the pic :D