E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just purchased an 05 330i M and I'm looking to replace the OEM HIDs with aftermarket headlights but it seems I can fit regular projectors on the factory HIDs... How would I go about changing the headlights to fit an aftermarket? Thanks to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dude just stick with the factory's or do a projection retrofit aftermarket headlights fit like crap unless u go with depo

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Premium Member
28,953 Posts
3rd on why would you want to replace the OE HID???

If there is an issue, better off working with the factory OE and sorting them out.

There have been issues with some of the projector lens, but why woud you want to replace the OE lights????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My headlights are so messed up and I cant afford the OEM HIDs, is there any way to replace them without sacrificing quality?? I keep hearing that Depos are pretty good (on here too). Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
How are they messed up? You can probably repair them. You won't be able to get a good setup without spending good money, and headlights are not something to cheap out on because you could blind others or not see well. If you did use a new projector, I'd recommend Infinitu FX45 projectors. They're apparently legendary.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=122

Are your bowls burned?

·
/// Limitless
3,264 Posts
My headlights are so messed up and I cant afford the OEM HIDs, is there any way to replace them without sacrificing quality?? I keep hearing that Depos are pretty good (on here too). Any other suggestions?
If by messed up you mean the lenses are beat to sh!t from rock chips, the covers can be replaced with genuine BMW for about $65 shipped IIRC.

·
Premium Member
28,953 Posts
Explain "so messed up"????

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

First you need to know how they work before you can determine what the problem is.

Many of the problem are with the leveling system and can be repaired very cheaply and easily or the reflector bowls may be the plastic that the reflective surface degrades. This can be repaired as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One is, the other looks water damaged (Don't even ask) or something. I was originally just gonna install some Angel Eyes but these lights are too shot.

·
Premium Member
28,953 Posts
One is, the other looks water damaged (Don't even ask) or something.
Sandy car????? :yikes:

If so, headlights may be the least of your worries.

·
Site Sponsor
18,365 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts