BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
"Black balls in grease" tells me this kid does not even own a screwdriver

Take it to a grown up who isn't an idiot drifter, pay him lots of money to fix it.
And stop driving like a fuckwit.
Sorry I’m new to cars this is my first project. Fixing most of it myself fuckwit

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,679 Posts
Put the car on 4 jack stands and start taking things off (wheel, calipers and rotor to start with) in order to survey what is damaged. Sounds like the right side is still intact/undamaged so you can use that to compare a lot of things with undamaged counterparts on the other side. You can use a tape measure to compare distance between various reference points on each side as well.

There is no other or better way to figure out what is damaged than by getting in there and looking.

You might need to drop the exhaust as well to get a better look, or at very least let it hang (i.e., undo the4 rear mount nuts and the center mounting plate)

·
Registered
2005 BMW 330i
193 Posts
"Black balls in grease" tells me this kid does not even own a screwdriver

Take it to a grown up who isn't an idiot drifter, pay him lots of money to fix it.
And stop driving like a fuckwit.
Tone it down, no need to act like a jackass. He's trying to learn and you're being a jerk and not adding anything constructive. Not everyone is going to know the technical term first time under the car working.

OP it appears you're missing the lower rear control arm, but hard to tell for sure. Axle looks compromised as well, only way to tell is to jack the car up and place it on jack stands and then remove the rear wheel and inspect. But it's too dark under the car to tell for sure. Honestly, I would sit this one out and get it taken to a shop for inspection and repair.

Reactions: Jarvy55 and Aidzer0

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
4,696 Posts
No offence, but seen quite few trolling posts recently, it would be good if you post a pic, as I asked previously, to show the accident is real. Think of that a a courtesy to many people who gonna spend time with their input in order to give you right guidance of fixing the problem.
Why exactly do people do that? Very pathological

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
4,696 Posts
Sorry I’m new to cars this is my first project. Fixing most of it myself fuckwit
Don’t take the bait. Some people don’t understand tone and come across as dicks. People here want to help.

you definitely need at least a new lower control arm if not the whole trailing arm, upper/lower control arm assembly.

with luck you didn’t screw up the axle.Unlikely you blew up the differential.

really need to get it into the air to see what is damaged. As long as you didn’t tear the subframe mounts it is fixable.

·
Registered
E46 '04 330Ci convertible 750K km
1,013 Posts
Sorry I’m not trolling in any way this is my first bmw ever I’m 22 I’ve only ever had a camry so I’m trying to get pictures now
Thanks for pictures, I hope you were not offended with my request.
Not nice accident. You will probably end up replacing rim. It could be repairable, unless there are structural damages like cracks. But I don not have any idea is there are workshops around you who can do such repairing. Tire is definitely gone too.
For bearings/ CV joints. As it was said above, you have to jack a car, to inspect it closely, with rim off the car. Get as many pics as you can, they will be informative to everyone who wants to suggest.
There is big chance tour suspension parts suffered some damage as well. Do not sweat more than you should) , everything is fixable. I assume you are on certain budget, so first things first, get clear idea what damage is done and what to do to make your car driveable. You might need some workshop help, but do not rush to spend your money yet.
Many parts could be replaced with second-hand ones, of course with certain inspection. Always ask here, we might be cocky in the beginning, but pretty much everyone really wants to help.
In general, you should try to find some place where you can rent a lift, it will help with lots of DIY in the future.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Be very careful to support the car with jack stands or strong material after jacked up, before get under it. We don't want to hear you get hurt due to car slid off the jack or a collapsed jack.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
This is not a first project kind of repair.
Get it towed to a shop.
Otherwise, I guarantee you will be in the same exact spot a month from now.

Reactions: LL i am

·
Registered
E46 '04 330Ci convertible 750K km
1,013 Posts
Think easiest would be to source whole rear subframe with all the bits and just swap that.
Well it doesn't sound easiest way. Not the cheapest either.
There is big chance that majority of impact was damped by crushing rim, with no effect on subframe, maybe bent trailing arm/ wishbone. So pictures on different angles t see obvious damages. Then we could see what to do next.

·
Registered
144 Posts
sometimes people sell the whole thing cheaper than you can get the broken parts. Depends on what is broken

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,679 Posts
Uhh, the entire wheel is crooked.
I know but none of the other pictures really show anything. Replacing the entire rear subframe seems a bit premature right now but I am also just curious to see what is damaged behind the wheel and where the ball bearings came from.

Perhaps op needs to source a decent floor jack and jack stands, but otherwise it's not a complicated inspection.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm an optimist, and also with Lever-

OP, you need a jack and 4 decent stands. And a tape measure.
And look here and on the internets for how to jack and support it safely.
And then do so.

You'll need a wheel, a lower control arm and... well, anything else that's bent.

(your pictures prove that if you DO have pink, sticky- up hair, at least your ears aren't that big ;) )

If the mounting points on the body and subframe aren't bent or moved,
then your best bet may be to buy that 'corner' from a junkyard car.
Do take pictures from underneath and post them here, but you also have
to measure each side, as things that are moved 1/2" will make a huge difference.

IF you can figure out if the 'trailing arm' is bent, then go for the corner.

If you're not sure, start with the lower arm, and see if you can get the wheel to
point straight ahead and straight up. A piece of string on 2 of your jackstands works here,
but DON'T sight along the body- it will be wrong, as the body curves outward facing forward at the rear wheel.

Do take used parts off yourself (that lower arm may be cheaper new, though- search)

www.realoem.com has part numbers and diagrams, but ignore the prices.

Take more pics as you go,
and let's see them balls. As the suspense is killing us...
...and made me think you'd REALLY bent the car.

heh
t

21 - 39 of 39 Posts