BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I need help! I have a 2000 bmw 323ci and I was driving on a gravely part of the street while making a turn spun out slammed the left back tire and now it’s completely bent and had some black balls covered in oil fall out and is now leaking! What am I looking at to fix it I’m guessing new suspension alignment control bars rims but what is leaking and what are these balls?

·
Registered
E46 '04 330Ci convertible 750K km
1,142 Posts
New bearing, probably assembly. Checking for bent suspension levers/ torn bushes. Extensive rim repairing / replacement. New tyre. Pictures please to show damage is real.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey I need help! I have a 2000 bmw 323ci and I was driving on a gravely part of the street while making a turn spun out slammed the left back tire and now it’s completely bent and had some black balls covered in oil fall out and is now leaking! What am I looking at to fix it I’m guessing new suspension alignment control bars rims but what is leaking and what are these balls?
Christ!! You must have been going some to do that to a bearing. That takes some impact. I think you might have to look at everything really. Sub frame, trailer arm, suspension, hub, rotor, axle. Even differential.

·
Registered
E46 '04 330Ci convertible 750K km
1,142 Posts
No offence, but seen quite few trolling posts recently, it would be good if you post a pic, as I asked previously, to show the accident is real. Think of that a a courtesy to many people who gonna spend time with their input in order to give you right guidance of fixing the problem.

·
Registered
284 Posts
No offence, but seen quite few trolling posts recently, it would be good if you post a pic, as I asked previously, to show the accident is real. Think of that a a courtesy to many people who gonna spend time with their input in order to give you right guidance of fixing the problem.
Hmmm. An interesting point. I must admit I did wonder what kind of car entheusiast or DIYer wouldn't know what a ball bearing looked like.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
now it’s completely bent and had some black balls covered in oil fall out and is now leaking! but what is leaking and what are these balls?
Are you sure only 2 big black balls or more than two? Sorry I was laughing a bit because I am about to suggest you check your own organs.

Seriously, are they about thumb size? The CV join had been damaged and big balls fell out.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
OP, time for a picture- there are just too many trolls out there.

But if you DON'T have pink sticky- up hair AND the CV's come apart,
you've damaged the body and subframe...

t
skeptopotamus

71iyanMYHTL._AC_SY879_.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry I’m not trolling in any way this is my first bmw ever I’m 22 I’ve only ever had a camry so I’m trying to get pictures now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm. An interesting point. I must admit I did wonder what kind of car entheusiast or DIYer wouldn't know what a ball bearing looked like.
I’m sorry I just got the car it’s my first car I got to work on I’m sorry I’m learning

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
The only black balls that covered with black grease (he called oil) are the CV joint balls. This must be a major hit and the whole control arm was torn.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wow - that's massive damage. You'll have to replace a lot of parts and then have it aligned. It cannot be driven like this, either. We cannot tell you what was bent and what was not - only a professional can identify that. If you have the abilities, you might find a junkyard/auto salvage/U-Pull nearby and cheaply purchase all the parts and simply bolt them on your car, then have it aligned.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
"Black balls in grease" tells me this kid does not even own a screwdriver

Take it to a grown up who isn't an idiot drifter, pay him lots of money to fix it.
And stop driving like a fuckwit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you sure only 2 big black balls or more than two? Sorry I was laughing a bit because I am about to suggest you check your own organs.

Seriously, are they about thumb size? The CV join had been damaged and big balls fell out.
Small balls definitely

1 - 20 of 50 Posts