BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today when i turned on my car i noticed that my radio didnt turn on.. i thought this was odd but then got scared when i found that i could not get the care out of park!!!!

here is a list of other gliches i noticed:
-interior lights for mirrors wont go on
-horn does not work
-seatbelt light wont turn off even when seat belt is on
-brake lights remain ON
-stereo doesnt turn on

but my main thing is getting car out of gear, i know its not an engine problem cuz it starts i figure its a fuse or wiring.. any help??

please &thnx.

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,528 Posts
You really should have it checked out... the horn, my guess is the fuse (maybe the lights, too).

Your brake lights should mean the brake-switch is broken, and as a safety feature the car turns the lights on permanently ('till you fix it, of course) -- something screwed up there would also explain your not able to get it outta Park (it can't sense the brake being depressed).

Seatbelt -- check the seatbelt connector; could be a faulty switch, relay, or cable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this all co-incides tho. i turned engine off and 30 mins later it was fine. no lights/flaws.. but now its doing it again. i dont think it is individual problems because they all happened together then stopped together...:cry:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ignition

Hey Man

Sounds like your key/ignition may be the issue. All sounds to be symptoms of immobilization from what I know about the system. I've had a few instances where my car will not start, and all those other components won't work either, I usually have to get out, re-lock the car, then re-open from scratch. Never had the issue with not being able to get the car out of Park, but Park lock is linked to the ignition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts