E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some funk under my car so I went to investigate. I took off the plastic cover which protects the engine compartment from road dirt. Once removed this what I saw. Looks like part of the steering linkage. What's with that? Anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Looks like the steering rack might be leaking around that bolt? It looks like fluid has gotten out and then dust has gathered on it. I dont know what that bolt is (looks like a drainage bolt of some kind to me), but I would check your power steering fluid up top and see if you're low. It doesnt seem very wet, so it may not be much to worry about. If you're under warranty, I would take it in though, might be a TSB on it :dunno:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ScottV

Thank you, still under warranty I think I'll take it in.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey ,
they are replaceing my rack toamrrow for the same problem. i will let you know if that is the couse when I get it fixed.
Superdad

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey guys I tool my car in and they had It for about 3 days and put in a new steering rack and my car is as good as new. No more vibration OR pulling on the road.So this might be a common cause for the E46 pull problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts