E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2003 325xiT Wagon, 2002 Mini Cooper S
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm missing the two quarter-turn plastic rivet's/clips that hold the driver's side plastic shield around the brake booster that attaches the shield to the bulkhead and the strut tower.

MF'ers flew like fireworks when I was trying to remove this shield during a repair. I lifted the car and pulled the skid plates/ splash guards, and wasn't able to locate them. The job also required pulling the intake manifold, so I looked there too. So I've run to my wit's end looking for the darn things.

I've looked on Amazon, McMaster Carr, Aliexpress, general google searches on obscure fastener retailers and cannot find this style clip anywhere.

I don't have a part number, so that might help

They are 1/4 turn finger twist nylon rivets with a spade on one end that engages with some spring clips. The only picture I have of them is here (I try to photo-document my repairs).

Anyone know where to find a couple of these?

Reactions: greenewolfe

· Registered
2001 325ci
1,497 Posts
members here knows exactly what they are. i also am missing that. there is a thread...paying forward(?) where people offering bits and pieces for free here. i haven't cashed in on mine yet since...i don't know, maybe i want just one shot mailing to me for all small items.

· Registered
2005 BMW 330i
986 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Premium Member
2000 328i ZSP Manual
599 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I literally joined this forum to find this part. And sure am glad I joined, kinda thankful I lost them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.