E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help. I actually have an E36 M3 with a factory HK system. I'm posting in. E46 as I noticed a few have mentioned it so thought I'd try my luck here.

Iv troubleshoot down to it been the HK Amp stays on even though the car is off. Soon as I disconnect the Amp the car is fine. I have already checked the wiring at the HU end and all are intact with Factory Radio.

Nothing has changed for it to suddenly start drawing power on its own.

My first fox was to replace the amp with a Brand New HK Amp. Which has the exact same problem. Old and new amp function and play music fine. But both draw power overnight.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm still getting familiar with my new-to-me M3 and don't have a wiring diagram for it yet.

Can you check the wiring from the head unit at the amp side and see if there's a signal with voltage on it? Maybe it's getting a stray signal that is telling the amp to stay on?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Need to find a diagram explaining which wires do what and identify where the remote wire comes in. maybe like seamus suggests, the remote signal wire has now come in contact with with another circuit that is always on. Someone is here that will be able to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts