E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again guys, not posted for a while but iv had no problems 4 a while :) but i have a problem now.

I have a 2005 318ci andBasically i was driving down a road steadily around 40 mph, then suddenly it felt like the engine skipped a beat or something like that, then the engine warning light started flashing about 5 times then turned solid yellow. now the engine feels really rough when accelerating as if it is misfiring.

I wondered if anyone else had had this problem? or has any answers!

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
haha by the looks of it i am reading your signature!
No worries. For now, ignore my signature and go get codes pulled, and then post back here what the codes are, THEN we can help you.

·
Registered
249 Posts
then the engine warning light started flashing about 5 times then turned solid yellow. now the engine feels really rough when accelerating as if it is misfiring.
Bingo.

"If the indicator blinks or flashes, this indicates a high level of engine misfire. Reduce speed and contact the nearest BMW center immediately. Severe engine misfiring over even a short period of time can seriously damage emission control system components, especially the catalytic converter."

As per the car manual hopefully sitting in the glovebox. :4ngie: Now that's not a complete diagnosis, but its something to start with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello fellas, Problem solved! just had the AA out they had it sorted in 20 mins, it was the coil pack on on No. 4. Its code P0304 i think it was, not 100% though. Good news is though i am back on the road! :-D

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Hello fellas, Problem solved! just had the AA out they had it sorted in 20 mins, it was the coil pack on on No. 4. Its code P0304 i think it was, not 100% though. Good news is though i am back on the road! :-D

thanks for the help!
:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts