BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriends E46 won't go into reverse. Last week it was shaking when going backwards. Now when you put it into R nothing happens. I know that it needs a new wheel speed sensor. We have been getting the error lights from that, but I don't think that this is related. Any ideas? Also, she is out of her warranty period, but is there an extended warranty on the trans?

Thanks
Tony
2000 740i Sport
1995 M3
1991 325iC

·
Registered
75 Posts
tkasser said:
My girlfriends E46 won't go into reverse. Last week it was shaking when going backwards. Now when you put it into R nothing happens. I know that it needs a new wheel speed sensor. We have been getting the error lights from that, but I don't think that this is related. Any ideas? Also, she is out of her warranty period, but is there an extended warranty on the trans?

Thanks
Tony
2000 740i Sport
1995 M3
1991 325iC

the problem is your girlfriend!! hahaha...jk.

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,719 Posts
Staszek said:
Which transmission is it? If its a 2000 323 I doubt you have any warranty left unless you bought it in Nov/Dec of 2000. Warranty 4/50.

99-01 e46 is 3/36

02+ is 4/50

·
Registered
726 Posts
your most likely going to need to replace that transmission. My car wouldnt go into reverse last year either and i went to the dealership and they replaced the whole transmission. Good think i still had my warranty because its pretty pricey. Good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
pm dh2o72. he had this exact problem on the exact same car. it was no fun having to push it back after eating at nice restaurants.

·
Registered
335 Posts
gusdagoos said:
your most likely going to need to replace that transmission. My car wouldnt go into reverse last year either and i went to the dealership and they replaced the whole transmission. Good think i still had my warranty because its pretty pricey. Good luck
Me too, I have a 99' 323i auto. in the shop now. brand new tranny going in! woohoo for the 1900 miles i have left on my cpo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts