E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a 2000 323i sedan... today I set off to remove one of my rear door panels to check on a possible faulty window regulator... as it seems it was a goner... upon quick research I managed to find a cheap replacement off Ebay... so... and this is my REAL point... I decided to not put the panel back on the door for faster replacement once the regulator came in. I rarely carry anyone other than myself in the car so looks were not an issue for me. as it seems I noticed that the doors would not unlock once I pressed the unlock button in the mid console.. I DID however check with the inside latches and found that they DID unlock the doors... after running some errands in it and coming back home I tried opening one of the doors from the inside and... NO GOOD!:censor:... now it seems all my doors won't open, except for the driver... my question... could I have messed something up when removing my rear door panel?... I managed to reconnect all the wires but it still didn't work... HELP! I really hope it isn't anything heavy:eek:... fuses are good, I checked them.:banghead:

thanks for any help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Classic sign of a GM5 failing is sometimes the locks work, sometimes they don't. Mine did that for months before I finally did the repair via Scott.

Neil
thanks... I never really had any problems before this but... who nows... anyway I guess imma shoot him an E-mail and see what he says:tsk:... removing the module is gonna suck:banghead:... my passenger door won't open! :eeps:

thanks again friend.:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.