E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
So, I have a very clean 02 330i. As any e46 owner I love my ride! I bought the car from my girlfriend's Dad and know the car was well maintained and was kept in the garage. So, heres the problem, I was getting a ton of water on the floor boards after hard rain. Strangely, I have not been able to get any water to come in by simply running a hose on the car. Brought the car into my mechanic and he could not find where the water was entering. We checked all the drains including the two form the sunroof. Finally after reading thru forums I found people saying they were getting water through the door seals/vapor barriers. We took off the door panels and used heavy duty glue to reseal all the door seals. The seals themselves were in good shape. After the job was finished I am still getting water on the front left floor board but the rest of the car is dry. I took the panel off again and seal seems to be still sealed and intact. Im at a loss of what to do next and my baby is getting wet every time it rains and its pissing me off. Im keeping a car cover on it when the weather looks crappy. Also, the lower felt along the inside of the door is we after it rains. Anyone have advice? Other than getting some pet fish to go along with the pond that sits on my floor boards I dont know what else to do.

Thanks,
Simon

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Leak at the front windshield is also possible. Next time it rains cover the windshield to check. Is it only the driver's side left?

·
Premium Member
28,908 Posts
Front floorboard leaks are many times a problem with the plastic cowling under the wipers and/or the plastic around the cabin filter.

Search the forum here and you will find info about this.

There are also drains in the cabin filter as well.

·
Registered
0 Posts
There is a water guide inside the door that guides the water out. I don't know if its the same thing but after having body work done, I had the same problem. Everyone in the world tried to tell me my widow seal was bad or the door wasn't tight enough or the top was leaking. I knew that was all bs. I took the door apart (sort of) and sure enough the asses at the shop never re-installed the rain guard thing that directs the water down and out the bottom of the door instead of into the car. Try that...convertible or not...might be a problem for you

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone

Thanks so much to for the replies everyone!! The seal going around the door is intact and seems to be making good contact. I did have the windshield replaced about a year ago which was only a few months after i bought the car. I am only getting water in on the drivers side front. I took off the plastic cowling under the wipers and hit it with the hose and wasnt getting any water in the car at all. I dont know how to check the plastic around cabin filter. Im going to pull the door panel off and check the vapor barrier again, im thinking thats where its coming in.
Really appreciate everyones input.
Thanks,
Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts