BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my clears from RENNsport yesterday. I am in the midst of attempting to install them, and I'm having some issues. Basically, the clips on the new clears (front corners) are different from my old ones, and I can't get the new clear to slide in right. I took a pic so you can see what I'm talking about ... sorry for the poor quality, my only digital camera is an Earthlink freebie :eeps:

Am I just an idiot? Or is this installation impossible?! I'd assume it was impossible, but I have a hard time believing that Samir would send me the wrong clears ... anyways, thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

·
Dale Earnhardt's Double
532 Posts
I believe they gave you the wrong parts.

Same thing happened to me. I replaced my 2001 ambers with clears from the dealer. A week later a rock smashed a front indicator so I went back and ordered another. It came like the one you show here. I think that is a 2002 corner where they slightly changed the internal design. Call 'em up and read them the part number they gave you and ask them to look up the correct part number for your year and model.

Good luck.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,582 Posts
you ordered the wrong parts. or they gave you the wrong parts. the stock part is the old light design its a plastic clip that clips ur light to the chassis. the new ones are screwed down, thats why there is the slit that allows the screw to go into. return it and get the right ones. 02 and above uses the screw type. make sure you order the 99-01.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem Solved

Thanks guys, that's about what I figured. Got a hold of Samir -- I guess there was a mixup in his mail room. In any case, he's taking care of everything like a true professional. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yeah, thats the worst thing. the second wait...

I noticed that the corners were changed when i did a DDE install on my freinds 02 coupe. I guess they did it to make it easier to get out and to hurt all the bootleggers making clear lenses... Those plastic molds they use to cast the lenses cost thousands to produce....

Sorry to hear. Glad you got it taken care of..

John V

1 - 5 of 5 Posts