E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I drive a 2002 330ci 5spd. I need help picking out a diff and want to know what brands are recommended for LSD's. I plan on picking up a 3.46:1 and taking it apart and adding an LSD unit like wavetrac or Team MFactory. Or should I just spend the money to get a new Diff?

The car is a Daily Driver at the moment but I plan on picking up an E60 M5 when ever I find one with a 6spd. I want to start building up the car for a track/project car, so noise level isn't as important.

If you run an aftermarket LSD please let me know what you think of it, and add what brand and car it is on.

-Thanks

·
Registered
853 Posts
3.46 is really short on 5 speed tranny , first gear is completely useless , same basically goes for others because i had 330 with headers and tune with that 3.46 diff I felt like i lost power rather than gained acceleration
About LSD im thinking of buying one off ECS tuning they sell one for a grand which seems to be alright price , but I dont know how its gonna show itsself

·
Registered
853 Posts
Thanks for the input, is there a ratio you recommend other than 2.93?
3.15 maybe , but personally I would leave the 2.93 because mostly im used to it and second my car makes more than enough power for 2.93 and 3.46 in my case would of been insanity.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3.15 maybe , but personally I would leave the 2.93 because mostly im used to it and second my car makes more than enough power for 2.93 and 3.46 in my case would of been insanity.:thumbsup:
What power level are you at? I am trying for 220-230whp with Catless headers, oiled filter, and tune. And I have a single mass flywheel so that will help whp, obviously not crank hp.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can anyone help with the LSD, what are the pros and cons of Clutch type and helical type, and any recommendations on brand?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts