BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so long story short, I am unable to take out my corner light on the passenger side :thumbdwn:. My lenses are getting pretty beat and I'd love to buy replacements, but seeing as I can't take out the one corner light am I just S.O.L. on changing it? Or is it possible to get the lens off without taking the corner out??? Any help would be great, thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Yes, you have to takeout your turn signal before taking off the lens. Take long thin screwdriver push the tab down and then pull out your turn signal.

·
Shifting
32,049 Posts
You probably have the corner lights that need to be pushed down to come out. Look at the hole above the corner light and you will probably see a flat piece of plastic, press down on it with a screwdriver and you will be able to slide it out.

When you re-install the headlight lenses make sure not to pinch in the black guides on the headlight itself inwards.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
That's right. You just push down the tab with a screwdriver and pull it out. Sometimes the tab can be broken off. Find the end of it and push down with your screw driver.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You probably have the corner lights that need to be pushed down to come out. Look at the hole above the corner light and you will probably see a flat piece of plastic, press down on it with a screwdriver and you will be able to slide it out.

When you re-install the headlight lenses make sure not to pinch in the black guides on the headlight itself inwards.
That's right. You just push down the tab with a screwdriver and pull it out. Sometimes the tab can be broken off. Find the end of it and push down with your screw driver.
thanks guys, they are actually screw in type and i know how to take them out. my issue is the tab on the headlight that it all clamps to mysteriously broke off and i only had one option to fix it instead of replacing the whole headlight (which now i just might do). so that was a more permanent fix so that the corner wont come off unless i break it off lol... stupid i know but it was what needed to be done. so thats why i was looking for a loophole on getting the lens off without taking the corner off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts