BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2003 m3 convertible.do you guys know how to turn on the bluetooth? or how can i connect it to my cell phone.
thank you.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
do you have intergrated phone on your car? If you do you need the pn# most likely found in the owners manual. Activate the phone on the car and then hit find device on the phone....enter the pin and wammy., if you dont have it then go to the previous wedsite.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sw

no i do not have intergrated phone on my car.
actually,there is a buttom on the steering wheel.
it is like a small face.do you know what does it mean>?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
no i do not have intergrated phone on my car.
actually,there is a buttom on the steering wheel.
it is like a small face.do you know what does it mean>?
that's for phone. BUT all M3 's come with the button on the steering wheel. YOu onlyhave the phone, though, if ordered as factory [ superexpensive !!! ] option.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

that's for phone. BUT all M3 's come with the button on the steering wheel. YOu onlyhave the phone, though, if ordered as factory [ superexpensive !!! ] option.
so do you think can i use it for my cell phone?
i dont wanna buy a phone for my car.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
yes there is a buttom it says R/T on it?
I do not have nav.

that button switches between radio and telephone. R and T.

so do you think can i use it for my cell phone?
i dont wanna buy a phone for my car.
Cannot use the steering wheel controls unless you retrofit a OEM or aftermarket hardwired phone, a daunting task. Rather just get retrofit Bluetooth option from the EAS website i gave you above. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Do a search on the forum, you will find tons of information about bluetooth, but simply put unless a previous owner installed it, you do not have bluetooth. For 2003 cars, bluetooth was a dealer installed option. It involved eliminating BMW Assist to install bluetooth, though you might not have Assist either (as that was a factory installed option). For 2005/06 cars, bluetooth was standard from the factory on cars that came with Assist.

You can learn a lot about installing bluetooth in your car here:

bimmernav.com
and
europeanautosource
and
bluetooth installation

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is there one without a phone cradle? I need my cup holders. LOL I want to be able to leave my phone in my back pack.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts